Baggett Heating and Cooling want you to know the top reasons your air conditioner might not be working properly.
It’s June! So, if you haven’t already done so, you’re going to need to turn the a/c on. If you’re not getting cold air flowing, here are some possible reasons why.
Check your filter.
- A clogged filter restricts airflow, which decreases your air conditioner’s ability to cool properly
- Filters need to be changed at least once a month, especially if your unit runs constantly or if you have pets.
Check the thermostat setting.
- If the temperature seems off, make sure the thermostat isn’t exposed to direct sunlight. This could cause an incorrect temperature read out.
Check the registers.
- Floor registers can accumulate dirt and dust. Be sure to vacuum them out periodically.
Make sure furniture or other objects are not blocking the registers.
- Check outside around the compressor
- The compressor needs adequate airflow too. Make sure shrubs and tall grass is at least 2 to 3 feet away.
Did you get your annual checkup?
An inspection by an HVAC technician can catch any serious problems before they get worse.
Contact Baggett Heating and Cooling today!
If you think it’s time for an A/C replacement or just want to make sure your A/C is ready for warmer weather, give Baggett Heating and Cooling a call for a check up.
Contact Baggett Heating and Cooling today. You can call or text us at (931) 645-2859 or email us at email@example.com