As the days grow shorter, the kids head back to school, and the weather changes, it’s time to change your HVAC maintenance routine in preparation for the upcoming heating season ahead. Taking just a few extra steps now can prevent a number of HVAC problems later, such as a malfunction that could leave you without heat on a crisp fall night!
At Baggett Heating & Cooling, we pride ourselves on helping our customers save money year round and stay comfortable while doing so with our highly reviewed seasonal HVAC maintenance services. Rely on our Clarksville, TN heating maintenance service to avoid the hassle of furnace problems in the fall.
In addition to scheduling a professional heating maintenance tune up with Baggett Heating & Cooling, here’s how you can prepare your HVAC system for fall in Clarksville, TN!
- Clear outside debris Throughout the summer, twigs, leaves, pollen, and other debris can get stuck in and around your outdoor AC unit and heat pump. Not only does dirt and debris prevent your system from working properly, but it can also decrease the indoor air quality of your home and irritate seasonal allergies.
- Replace the furnace filter Did you know that dirty furnace filters are one of the top causes for HVAC system failures? Not only do furnace filters improve your home’s indoor air quality, but they also allow your entire HVAC system to operate more efficiently, which helps you save money on energy costs.
- Clean the vents Although you should always leave duct cleaning to our professional HVAC technicians, you can and should clean your vents on a regular basis in order to prevent allergens such as dust, mold, and pet hair from becoming a problem. Failing to do this only causes your system to spew pollutants right back into your home. Vents can easily be cleaned with a vacuum or a damp cloth.
- Test CO and smoke alarms Your home’s smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are essential for keeping you and your family safe. Be sure to inspect both to make sure they’re working properly and replace the batteries if necessary. Don’t make the mistake of going through the heating season without working CO and smoke alarms!
- Turn your furnace on before you need to Don’t wait for temperatures to drop before turning on your furnace! Turning your furnace on well before heating season arrives allows you to stay one step ahead of HVAC problems. So before fall is here, turn your system on and listen for any strange noises. If you hear any odd sounds or notice a burn-like odor that doesn’t go away, these could indicate lurking HVAC problems.
Scheduling a professional HVAC tune up is the best way to prevent problems during the heating season, and the coolest way to stay warm this fall is by relying on Bagget Heating & Cooling’s Clarksville, TN furnace maintenance services!