With spring in the air and summer well on it’s way now is the perfect time to schedule pre-season air conditioning system maintenance. There’s nothing worse than turning on your air conditioning on the first hot day of the cooling season only to find out that it doesn’t work! This common issue can be easily prevented with regular HVAC service and proper maintenance.
As much as half the energy used in your home goes towards heating and cooling. That’s why one of the coolest aspects of scheduling regular HVAC service is that it saves you money. You can always rely on Baggett Heating and Cooling’s highly reviewed air conditioning maintenance services in Clarksville, TN to keep you cool this summer and save you money year round!
In addition to scheduling a pre-season tune up with Baggett Heating & Cooling, here are some other ways you can get your air conditioning summer ready!
- Test your air conditioning system now How long does it take to turn on? Can you feel cold air? Do you notice any strange noises? A longer than expected delay, a lack of cold air, and strange noises are signs that your system is in need of repair ASAP!
- Trim brush and grass Getting rid of the excess brush, tall grass, and weeds from around the outside condenser significantly reduces the risk of a system malfunction caused by overheating. Use a garden hose to gently rinse any dust or debris that built up on your condenser during the winter.
- Clean the registers In relatively short period of time, a thick layer of dust can build up on the registers and vents that circulate air conditioned air throughout your home. Dust and debris caught in your ductwork is taxing on your HVAC system. Be sure to dust and vacuum these on a regular basis to improve efficiency as well as indoor air quality.
- Don’t forget about your thermostat If you haven’t already, now is the perfect time to upgrade to a programmable thermostat. They’re the best way to save money and stay comfortable throughout the year. Many of the latest models can be controlled remotely with an app on your smartphone or mobile device.
- Replace the air filter Your air filter should be replaced at least once a month during cooling season or more as needed. Be sure to check the manufacturer’s guidelines. A dirty air filter makes your system less efficient, costing you both comfort and money.
- Inspect the ductwork A leak in your ductwork can cost you up to 20% more on your energy bill, so it’s important to be on the lookout for them. Ensure all the connectors are tight and seal any holes.
The best way to stay cool this summer is to call Baggett Heating & Cooling in the spring to schedule a pre-season checkup. Your comfort and safety are always our top priorities year round!