Furnace Maintenance Checklist
We rely on our furnaces to keep us warm and comfortable all winter long. In exchange, all you need to do is perform a bit of annual maintenance. Keeping your oil or gas furnace maintained not only will lower your chances of an unexpected breakdown but also saves you money by increasing energy efficiency. Baggett Heating & Cooling is happy to assist our customers in preventing furnace breakdowns by providing an easy-to-follow furnace maintenance checklist. If you need professional assistance with your furnace, call us 931-645-2859 to schedule service.
- Locate and change out your furnace filter.
- Inspect your furnace system for cracks, deterioration, or rust.
- Remove your burners and clean them if needed.
- Check your fan and check for any adjustments that need to be made.
- Check for air openings and ensure nothing is blocking them.
- Look at your flue pipe to check for corrosion.
- Ensure your thermostat and the temperature in your home is the same.
- Replace batteries in your carbon monoxide detector and check to make sure it is working correctly.
- Clean your fresh air intake screen.
- Check for proper burner operation.
- Check furnace safety controls.
- Call a professional furnace technician to have your system inspected and maintained.